Proud Sponsor of
HOMES FOR OUR TROOPS
Wood Insert Mantle Shield
Item Number: 94-79700
Manufacturer: HearthStone Stoves
HeathStone Wood Insert Mantle Shield6. With the Mantle Shield against the wall, mark a hole toward the wall on one side, leaving enough space from the wall to drill the hole.
This 24gs black sheet metal heat shield attaches to the bottom of your Mantle and is designed to reduce minimum mantle clearances for wood stoves and inserts when installing inside a fireplace.
(For listed stoves, consult
stove manual or manufacturer.) This mantel shield is 47" wide and has a
depth of 10" It can be cut
to size and comes predrilled and ready to mount. All necessary ceramic
spacers, hardware, and instructions are included.
1 – Mantle Shield
4 – Ceramic Spacers
4 – #10 x 1½” Screws
1. Measure the distance between the uprights of your mantle. If this measurement is more than 48” proceed to step #4.
2. Subtract this measurement from 48 1/8” and divide the result by two. Measure in this distance from both ends of the Mantle Shield and make marks. Thus marking the Mantle Shield length about its center.
3. Using tin snips or offset shears, cut both ends of the mantle shield on the marks made in step #2.
4. Center the Mantle Shield under the mantle in the orientation shown below. There should be approximately 1/16” between the Mantle Shield and each upright.
5. If the Mantle Shield protrudes further into the room than desired, the back of the Mantle Shield may be trimmed. There are several mounting holes to accommodate for different depth mantles.
7. Using the 1/8” drill bit, drill a hole on the mark approximately ½” deep.
8. Insert a Screw through the Mantle Shield, through a Ceramic Spacer, and into the hole. Tighten the screw.
9. Drill three more holes near each corner of the mantle using the existing holes in the Mantle Shield as guides. Be sure the front two holes are at least ½” from the front of the mantle
10. Assemble the remaining parts as described in Step #8.