Hearthstone Castleton I 8031 - Baffle Replacement Kit
INCLUDED IN KIT:TOOLS REQUIRED:
(1) 3120-031 Ceramic Baffle Front
(1 ) 3120-032 Ceramic Baffle Rear
(3 ) 4300-0120 Cotter Pin
Before You Begin: Work on a cool stove.Procedure:
1) Remove the metal baffle retainer by removing the cotter pin (A) through the front air tube, and lifting the retainer upwards (B) away from the baffle. Save for re-installation
2) Pull the front baffle towards the front of the stove (C), over the front tube, and out of the stove.
3) Remove the cotter pin securing the rear baffle to the catalyst housing (A).
4) Pull rear baffle support (B) outward towards the front of the stove, and remove from firebox. Save for re-installation. Remove broken rear baffle.* With baffles removed, it recommended to visually inspect, and clean catalysts (in place) as needed. See owner’s manual for detailed instructions.
5) Install the new rear baffle where the old was removed. The baffle will rest on the secondary air manifold.
6) Reinstall the rear baffle support by sliding it over the front edge of the rear baffle. Install a new cotter pin through the rear baffle support, and catalyst housing.
7) Place the new front baffle into the stove, so that it rests on the secondary air manifold. Slide towards the back of the stove, so it locks into the rear baffle support.
8) Reinstall the metal baffle retainer by placing it on top of the front baffle, and sliding the tab through the slot in the front baffle.
9) Install a new cotter pin through the front air pipe, and the hole in the metal baffle retainer. The installation is now complete